New Banking Licenses in India
The recent decision of RBI to invite fresh applications for new Banking licenses have evoked response from 26 applicants. The undersigned who joined the Banking industry in 1973 and has been in working in the industry upto 1987 and later around the industry in Marketing of Banking services since 2000, diversified as a consultant in Information Security for Banks particularly working for “Safe E Banking” environment.
With this background, some of my thoughts on the new licencing aspects have been placed on this website.
Here is a summary of articles so far placed on the website.
1. Should Indian Post be granted Banking license?… Do they need one?
2.Which of the 26 applicants deserve Bank license
3.Banking License aspirants should disclose business plans to public.
4.Will RBI disclose “Santion Mechanism” to enforce sanctity of Banking license conditions?
5. Not all Eligible applicants to get Banking license
6. New Bank Licenses-Make Cyber Crime Insurance Mandatory
7. “Deep Pockets” need not be the sole criteria for Bank licenses
8.Banking Licenses and Public Sector aspirants
9. New Banking License-Let’s remember Gandhian Principles of Banking