Criminal Justice System and Criminal Jurisprudence is being re-written by one Additional Session Judge Sri Dharmender Rana of Delhi while granting bail to Disha Ravi a lady from Bangalore who was accused of having aided and abetted the Delhi Republic Day attack on Red fort.
Magistrate Dhamender Rana granted bail to the lady and in the process passed critical comments on the Government and substantially strengthened the resolve of the Urban Naxalites who are putting all their intelligence at destroying the country.
The judgement refers to the accused as a “22 years old young lady” with “Absolutely” blemish free criminal antecedents. It also makes a statement that “The offence of sedition cannot be invoked to minister to the wounded vanity of Governments”.
The toolkit contained the following:
1. Share solidarity Photo/Video Message by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably by 25th January (solidarity messages for farmers at Delhi’s border)
2. Digital Strike: #AskindiaWhy Video/Photo Message On or Before 26th January.
3. Tweet Storm 23rd January onwards11.30 pm UTC/5 pm IST Feel free to tag @ PMOIndia@nstomar ( Minister of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare), your own heads of state & others who ought to take note, like the IMF, WTO, FAO, World Bank (Tweetbank).
4. Zoom session ( Ask your Questions) with a Greens with Farmers’ Coalition representative from Alliance for Sustainable & Holistic Agriculture on 23rd January,
2020( We will be happy to organize another session. Write to us at email@example.com)
5. XR Global Insta Live at 9.30 am UTC/3 pm IST*on 26th January(India’s Republic Day) with farmers at the borders of Delhi and environmental workers & activists worldwide.
6. Physical Actions – Near Indian Embassies, Govt. offices, Media houses ( or even AdaniAmbani offices) globally 26th January.
7. Watch out or (or Join) the Farmers’ March/Parade ( a first of its kind)into Delhi and back to the borders on 26th January.
8. Call/Email any of your govt representatives and ask them to take action, Sign online Petitions and take action to Divest from monopolists and oligopolists like Adani Ambani.
(* tentative time) Get a complete picture through the Farmers Protests’ Cheat sheet. (#AskIndiaWhy)
Disha Ravi had admitted that she had the editing rights for this document and had edited it and also shared it with people like Greta Thunberg. She had also admitted that later she had deleted many WhatsApp messages (electronic evidence) to hide her involvement in the editing and distribution of this toolkit. She had also expressed apprehension that she would be considered as having committed an offence under UAPA etc.
The magistrate however, in his wisdom goes on to state that in his “considered opinion” Disha Ravi deserves to be released because sufficient evidence has not been provided .
I leave it to the readers to go through the entire judgement and decide for themselves if they agree or disagree with the “Considered” opinion of the honourable magistrate.
However it is necessary to remember that this judgement expects that at the pre-trial stage of an international conspiracy, the Police have to produce all the evidence to prove the accused guilty to claim custody for further investigation. This could very well be quoted in many other similar cases.
It is necessary that the Police should oppose the grant of bail and go on appeal. If this judgement is not over turned, we will have more anarchist attitude in the country and the Tukde Tukde Gang will get a big boost.
It is a black day for Indian Judiciary as an upholder of national integrity.