Considering the importance of assessing the impact of recent Suprme Court’s decision in the case of Shreya Singhal vs Union of India1 , the Advanced Centre for Research, Development and Training in Cyber Laws and Forensics [ACRDTCLF], National Law School of India University, Bengaluru is conducting a Consultation Programme on the theme “AFTERMATH OF SUPREME COURT’S DECISION IN SHREYA SINGHAL VS UNION OF INDIA” on 11th April 2015 at Bangalore.
The programme aims to come up with a white paper on the programme theme and also propose necessary changes to law and present the same to Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Information Technology, Government of India, New Delhi for further action.
Following persons are expected to share their views:
1. Dr. T. V. Subba Rao, Senior Professor, NLSIU
2. Dr. S.B.N Prakash, Senior Professor, NLSIU
3. Dr. V. S. Mallar, Senior Professor, NLSIU
4. Shri. R. Sri kumar, Former DGP, Karnataka
5. Shri. Na. Vijayashankar, Cyber Law Consultant, Bengaluru
6. Shri. M. D. Sharath, Dy S.P., Cyber Police Bengaluru
7. Shri. S. Balasubramanya, Vice President, TCS Bengaluru
8. Shri. Ranganath M. A, Consultant, IBM Bengaluru
9. Dr. Nagarathna. A., A., Chief Investigator, ACRDTCLF, NLSUI
Dr. R. Venkata Rao, Vice Chancellor, NLSIU will be inaugurating the half day workshop.