We expect that soon Government will release a draft of a “Personal Data Protection Act” in lieu of the PDPB 2019-scrapped”.
However, we as professionals can place our suggestions before the Government and steer the discussion so that we will be assisting the drafting committee.
We shall therefore discuss the contours of this law as a “Draft of NDPAI in the making” in the coming articles starting with
1) Scope of the Act and Definitions of Privacy and other terms
2) Definition of the Protected Information and roles of different organizations
3) Principles of Personal Data Protection including grounds of processing
4) Rights of the Data Principal including children
6) Cross Border Transfer
7) Penalties, Punishments
8) Regulatory Mechanism
9) Compliance Requirements from the industry including Data Breach Notification, Audit, DPO etc
10) Miscellaneous provisions
We hope the discussions on these aspects will create a background for discussing the Bill as may be presented by the Government in due course.
Request all readers to participate in this development of a draft law as a “Draft of the Privacy and Data Protection Professionals”.