Global Data Protection Laws
The Course objective is to provide the necessary knowledge back up for Data Protection Professionals in India who are typically handling personal data processing not only from India but from many countries in other data protection regions.
Module I has already covered in depth the Indian data protection regime and this Module G will cover the following five major global laws.
c) Singapore PDPA 2012
d) DIFC Data Protection Law
f) LGBD (Brazil)
Additionally other relevant laws would be discussed during the program based on the requirements.
Details of Cyber Law College, FDPPI and the individual faculty members are available on the websites of FDPPI and Cyber Law College.
Course Material: Module G
- Concept of Privacy and the journey of Data Protection Regulation from HIPAA to GDPR and PDPA (India)
- GDPR- Applicability, Data Protection Principles and Data Subject Rights, Exemptions and Derogations
- GDPR-Cross Border Transfer of Data, SCC, BCR
- GDPR-Compliance Obligations, DPIA, Privacy By Design,DPO,Remedies,Liabilities and Sanctions
- CCPA- Applicability, Principles and Data Subject’s Rights, Legitimate Interests,
- CCPA-Compliance Obligations, Notice, Consent, Legitimate Interest etc
- LGPD- Overview
- Singapore PDPA-Applicability, Principles, Data Subject’s Rights, Exemptions,
- 10.Singapore PDPA-Compliance Obligations
- Challenges in Compliance of Multiple Data Protection Laws